Lauren E. Johnson
Lauren Johnson is an associate who represents businesses and individuals in a wide variety of business litigation and arbitration matters in both state, federal court and arbitration forums. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Johnson worked as a law clerk for Chief Justice Jorge Labarga of the Florida Supreme Court and for U.S. Magistrate Judge William Matthewman of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Ms. Johnson received her J.D., with honors, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and her B.S., with honors, from the University of Florida.
Currently, Ms. Johnson serves as a Board Member and as Chair of the Affiliate Outreach Committee of the Young Lawyers Section of the Palm Beach County Bar Association. She is also a member of the Judicial Relations Committee and the Lawyers for Literacy Committee of the Palm Beach County Bar Association. Ms. Johnson is passionate about children’s literacy and education, which is evidenced by her commitment to the Lawyers for Literacy Committee and her pro bono work with the Education Advocacy Project of the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County. In addition, Ms. Johnson is a member of the Junior League of the Palm Beaches.
J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 2014
- Honors: Cum Laude; Honorable Mention in Trial Practice; Phi Delta Phi Honor Society (Treasurer)
- Teaching Assistant for Legal Research & Writing and Appellate Advocacy
- Associate Justice on the University of Florida Student Traffic Court
B.S. in Finance, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2011
- Honors: Cum Laude; National Society for Collegiate Scholars; Dean’s List 2007-2011
- University of Florida Competitive Cheerleading (Treasurer)
Professional Memberships and Community Involvement
- Young Lawyers Division, Affiliate Outreach Liaison 2017; Member 2014-present
Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section, Board Member 2016-present; Chair of Affiliate Outreach Committee 2017
- Young Lawyers Section Green Initiative Committee Member 2017-present
- Judicial Relations Committee, Co-Chair of Judicial Spokesperson Subcommittee 2016-present
- Lawyers for Literacy Committee 2015-present
Junior League of the Palm Beaches
- Member 2017-present
- Law Clerk, U.S. Magistrate Judge William Matthewman, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2015-2017
- Law Clerk, Chief Justice Jorge Labarga, Florida Supreme Court, 2014-2015