Kelly J. Shivery
Florida Registered Paralegal
Kelly J. Shivery is a Certified Paralegal who assists the firm’s attorneys in the representation of businesses and individuals in complex and general commercial and whistleblower litigation, with a focus on securities arbitration matters. Ms. Shivery holds an Advanced Paralegal Certification in both Alternative Dispute Resolution and E-Discovery. She is a former Senior Arbitration Administrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) in its Boca Raton office. During her tenure at FINRA, in addition to managing a caseload of more than 250 cases, Ms. Shivery conducted the new panel member training for FINRA arbitrators and is a past member of the Editorial Board of FINRA’s arbitrator publication The Neutral Corner.
Following her departure from FINRA, Ms. Shivery relocated to Honolulu, Hawaii where she assisted the former attorney general of the State of Hawaii in the representation of individuals in FINRA arbitrations, as well as in employment and commercial litigation matters. Ms. Shivery joined McCabe Rabin, P.A. upon her return to South Florida.
- A.S. in Legal Assisting, Broward College, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, 1995
With High Honors
Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Florida Registered Paralegal
- Paralegal member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Securities Law CLE Seminar Committee
- Affiliate member of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL) Palm Beach County Chapter
- Paralegal member of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) (2014-2017)
- Associate Editor of the PIABA Bar Journal (2014-2017)
- Two-time recipient of FINRA’s Above and Beyond Award.
- Two-time recipient of FINRA’s President’s Award.
- Earned the Certified Paralegal designation from the National Association of Legal Assistants 1996
- Paralegal, Bronster Hoshibata, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2005-2011
- Senior Arbitration Administrator, FINRA, Boca Raton, Florida, 1998-2005
- Paralegal, Udine & Udine, Tamarac, Florida, 1995-1998